re:300m overheating

:) Please help me! I just bought a 2001 Chrysler 300m and its

> overheating. So far, I only noticed that its happened when it's a low > speeds. The thing is that it goes from its average temperature > position to the redline in about 15 seconds. Weird thing is when I > re-start it and drive off, the temperature normalizes in about 10 > seconds. I don't understand what it could be. Any info would be > greatly appreciated. > > Thanks! :) > > -- > Posted using the
interface, at author's request> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards> Topic URL:

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
LOL it is not a gauge problem, You need to get your fans checked out, That's a common problem with the fans on that vehicle. Also check the Cartridge fuses in the PDC one may be blown due to a fan locking up. Severe damage could occur if you continue to drive this vehicle while it is running hot.

If it is the 2.7 engine have the radiator inlet connector checked for a possible leak at the connector/bleeder screw.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower