Re: anyone bought a car from ebay?

Yep -- wouldn't do it again. Car and description were stated -- 50 plus pics -- got the car -- description not at all as described -- car has serious water damage on undercarriage, but alas no pics clearly showing -- my fault -- carpe diem. If you do go that route -- see if you can see it prior to paying.

Paul

anyone ever purchase a car from ebay and have it ship to you? (from out of > state) > > just wondering > > kenny > >
Reply to
Paul

mic canic

What kind of feedback did the other 2 sellers have?

Reply to
Mavrick

Short but perfect. I should add that if you find a car dealer that has 99% positive feedback, that's a darn good dealer. Dealers feed their families by selling cars for more than they paid, ideally $$thousands per car. They're in a special classification. But expect regular people to have 100% positive. Ebay is basically a big garage sale. Regular people selling their kids clothes have little motive to rip somebody off. If they can't handle that level, do not buy a car from them.

Watch out for this: "I'm selling this for a friend". Translation: "I typed a bunch of stuff in this ad that could be a pack of lies and I wouldn't even know it." Feedback may not apply.

As I said, I bid too much for one and it was my own fault, and also remember scratches and dents of a certain size won't be visible.

Reply to
Joe