Re: Demand Receipts for Gas!

When you buy a candy bar for a quarter, you get a receipt automatically. >

> But when you pump gas, 99% of the time you will not get a receipt. I > advise you do ask for your receipt and save them a while. Its your only > defense against a pump and run complaint.

I never have any problems getting my receipts when I pump and go. However I do have to say that THIS is the most sensible posting I have EVER read from Nomen Nescio. He is right that it is your ONLY ,on the spot,defense if you are stopped as a pump and run violator. They can check it out and it will be posted on your credit card, but the receipt can be faster.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

What are the chances of being accused of pumping and running when innocent?

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

fRIEND OF MINE OWNS AN INTERSTATE sHELL LOCATION & JUST AFEW WEEKS AGO WERE DISCUSSING THIS SAME PROBLEM!

When fuel was below a dollar a gallon it was not a big deal, now this has become a real "profit taker" from the owners standpoint & in some staes can be a felony!

By all means GET A RECEIPT-like the previous post said, if you are mistaken for a "pump & run" the receipt will be your ONLY defence.

My friend, stopped ALL cash sales at the pump! You must "prepay" if you wish to pay cash. But ....don't take a chance GET YOUR RECEIPT!

Reply to
GABOY

fRIEND OF MINE OWNS AN INTERSTATE sHELL LOCATION & JUST AFEW WEEKS AGO WERE DISCUSSING THIS SAME PROBLEM!

When fuel was below a dollar a gallon it was not a big deal, now this has become a real "profit taker" from the owners standpoint & in some staes can be a felony!

By all means GET A RECEIPT-like the previous post said, if you are mistaken for a "pump & run" the receipt will be your ONLY defence.

My friend, stopped ALL cash sales at the pump! You must "prepay" if you wish to pay cash. But ....don't take a chance GET YOUR RECEIPT!

Reply to
GABOY

In Minnesota gas theft is a $50.00 fine plus the gas. Not much of a penalty when a Excursion can cost $100+ to fill both tanks.

Reply to
Kevin

In Virginia, you forfeit - err, forfiet - err, you lose your drivers license. They have decals on the pumps at all the gas stations with a photo of a tough looking state trooper, and the words "DON't PAY!...LOSE IT!" superimposed over a photo of a drivers license.

I had to laugh last week - I noticed the tire/alignment shop that I was in (they don't sell gas) had one of the decals on the window of the door entering their service bay with the personal autograph of the trooper whose photo was on it - I guess he's a customer of theirs. I thought that was pretty cool.

Bill Putney

No, the transaction sent to your credit card company is also a defense. Having said that, I always get a receipt as that is what I use to enter my purchases into MS Money! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting
Reply to