Re: Neon licence plate frame on a 2003 PT?

I got my frame from PEP Boys. The company escapes me now as I installed it a couple of months ago. The cost was the same without any shipping charges and the set up was three different ways.

  1. full on with lights.
  2. Fade with lights (starts in the center and fills the tube, then goes off and repeats.
  3. Fade with lights, full on with brake lights lit.

I am sorry to not remember the company which made it. When I got it, the wrong transformer was inside, I called them and they overnighted the correct transformer and I got it the next day. I am happy with it. I set it up to be fade with the lights.

I would think, though, that since it fits all frames and the tubes are narrow. It should work. I have seen the street glo frames on many different cars and they all seem to fit fine. None on a PT Cruiser though in my area/ Mine is the only PT with a neon frame in my home town.

Mark

James Bucanek wrote:

Greetings! > > I'm the proud owner of a new 2003 PT Cruiser. > > While shopping around for some after-market goodies, I ran across this > neon licence place frame: > > > > The only thing I'm concerned about is that it might be too wide to fit > in the rear. There don't seem to be any outside dimensions listed, > although it claims to fit all US plates. > > Has anyone had any experience with these, or someone recommend an > alternative that they know works? > > Thanks, > > James >
Reply to
Mark Stuart

Thanks Mark. It sounds like the neon doesn't take up as much space as I thought. I'm encouraged to give this a try. I definitely check out few local stores too, to save the shipping if I can.

Cheers,

James

Reply to
James Bucanek