PT CRUISER CONVERTIBLE

Saw the PT CRUISER Conv at the auto show. Liked it, any thoughts ?

I'm in the minority here, I think, but I've never understood the popularity of the PT Cruiser, and I understand the idea behind making it a convertible even less. At least the GT version has a decently powerful engine. I don't know if the convertible will get the turbo motor or not, but I certainly hope so. The base powertrain is overburdened as it is, adding the structural reinforcement that usually goes with the convertible conversion will probably make it just godawful slow. They should've made room for a V6.
--Geoff
Geoff wrote:

Wow, Geoff and I are in complete agreement (this time). 8-)
Cheers,
I have a 2003 what's your definition of God awful slow as compared to what it has plenty of pwer for normal use unless of course you want to race corvettes

popularity
convertible
don't

what
I think a better question is what is the definition of 'normal use'. Frankly, the thing can't get out of its own way, which is important in the day-to-day stoplight races that pass for normal urban commuting. One does not have to want to 'race corvettes' (SIC) in order to have a need for a vehicle with the 'pwer' (SIC) to produce decent acceleration, which is something the base PT is distinctly lacking. The GT is a different story, but I'd still stay away from them in any purchase decision I might make given the same powertrain is available in a lighter, less expensive vehicle. Not to mention the (ugh) 'retro' styling, which it seems only guarantees that the vehicle looks out of date the minute it's introduced. But I digress. And honestly, I think the Crossfire is ugly too, same as the SSR, the New Beetle, etc., etc., etc...
But what the hell, some people like the cuteness of it all.
I suspect that your definition of the term 'normal use' implies the sort of driving that causes me to pass guys like you, every chance I get. So be it. Frankly it suits me better to keep the horsepower out of the hands of folks who define 'normal use' thusly; it keeps you in my rearview once I've taken the trouble to put you there. 'K pooch?
--Geoff
my 02 regular pt 5 speed hasnt been beaten yet

god wrote:

Say more :-)
god wrote:

*chuckle*
If you say so, sport.....
Chris Mauritz wrote:

Hi C, You WILL want to see THIS:
http://www.draglist.com/Movies/Clips/MOV00594.MPG
I've seen another clip where a PC Cruiser with the button beats a mustang. - RM
Rick Merrill wrote:

Hardly a "regular" PT Cruiser. I suspect if I created a car just for the strip then most street cars wouldn't beat it either.
*shrug*
Cheers,
Chris Mauritz wrote:

And, if you can get it, THIS ONE !!
http://67.8.171.21:4663/PalmBayPT/video/mustangavi03.mpeg
Cruiser takes the mustang at the finish line!
Geoff wrote:

I guess it is a "decission of the heart" ... :-)
In 2001 I got a Neon and when I walked into the dealership in Stuttgart I saw my first PT and I knew in that second - that`s the next car I will buy. On Aug 10 of this year a stupid femal wrecked my parked Neon,. because she was searching the glove compartment, so I got the PT earlier than planned. I guess You either like it or not ... but it`s impossible to explain it.

143 hordes is enough for me. I don`t need to drive at speeds of 140mph or more ... after all ... its name is PT Cruiser (with emphasis on Cruiser) ... :-)
--
Talk to you later ... Hans from Germany (226 to go)
>>> Brought to You courtesy of the Red, White & Blue <<<
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Weeeelll ... I like it, I love it, I wanna more of it!
Seriously the convertible is the only different style besides the design we know, that really looks good on the PT. I have seen some designs (like the one that looks like an Audi TT had sex with a PT ... and that sux!). I think it will become a hit with drivers ...
--
Talk to you later ... Hans from Germany (226 to go)
>>> Brought to You courtesy of the Red, White & Blue <<<

until you see the top up, ugly.... have you seen the pt coupe, even uglier...
    A Chrysler dealer in Tampa had a 2002 4 door modified into a convertible. I actually liked it better. Plus, with the top up, it looked a lot more like the hardtop 4 door. The convertible Chrysler is making looks like a VW Cabrio when the top is up, in my opinion. I love convertibles, but I don't know if I'd get the PT convertible.
    Mark