Re: Theft Deterrent 2000 Dodge Stratus

Stolen vehicles today are frequently taken apart and the parts sold, it is much safer to dispose of a vehicle this way (safer for the thief that is) Check the prices for replacement parts for the Stratus that should point the way.

Ted

I notice that the 2000 Dodge Stratus has a theft deterrent system, and > a transponder key, but I also notice that it is one of the most stolen > cars in America. Does this mean that the theft deterrent system in > worthless, or am I missing something?
Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I had understood that the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord were most stolen.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

--

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Reply to
mic canic

I didn't include the line "chop shops don't bother with driving them off they just cut the battery cable and tow them" because I figured most people would have figured that one out. He wanted to know why they were high on the stolen list, and like you he assumed that people all steal cars so they can drive them around.

Next time I'll spell it out for you.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Reply to
Dan Ross

theft deterrent can be done in middle of day who

The TRANSPONDER KEY is an OPTION on most of these cars and the ones stolen usually do not have them. My dad's 2001 Sebring LX was stolen and he didn't have it.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr