Removing Upper Coolant Outlet on 2.7

The top of the plastice upper coolant outlet housing has cracked (separated) on my 99 Intrepid (2.7L). This part is on top of the engine and has a bleed screw on it for the cooling system. After I received the replacement part, I was suprised to see that there is a long metal pipe attached to it. This pipe runs underneath the plastic engine cover from the front of the engine to the firewall and connects to a hose. What has to come out in order to replace this part? It does not look like it will be easy since the front of the part is up against the radiator and the pipe is about three feet long. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
smithinlast

Remove the pipe and just install the crossover connector. If you remove all the plenum bolts and the 4 bolts that secure the connector to the intake, raise the connector and remove both 9/32 screws and reassemble. Chrysler was selling that connector separately at one time and then started selling it with the tube. You may want to have the dealer check to see if they sell it or can locate one for you

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower