93' Sundance 2.2 front main seal (???)

I have a 93'Ply Sundance 2.2 that keeps blowing the front main seal out. I mean LITERALLY! It blows the seal clean out of its seat! There is just a little blow by out the oil filler hole but isnt the PCV (good) and the CCV return line suppose to vent this sufficiently?

It has twice blown the seal and twice I have reinstalled it. Cyl comp checks are normal and fairly even. It's a pretty snug fit on the seal as well.

Something is pressurizing the crankcase evidently.

Any ideas?

Thanks Dave

Reply to
D. Reid

Only if it's in proper condition, which on these cars it usually is not. See my earlier post at

for details on how to service the *complete* PCV system. DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Thanks for the reply Dan. I'll investigate the PCV system a little further.

Dave

Reply to
D.Reid