RT Rear Proportioning Valve 93. 3.3 GV

I hate to ask this question but can someone tell me where this brake valve is located. The dealer said it's leaking and I thought (incorrectly) that is would be in the rear somewhere. I checked AllData, no pictures, but they do tell you how to r&r it. From that, I'm concluding it's in the engine compartment somewhere under the air cleaner assembly.

thanks, nick

Reply to
ncs

Nick, I'm not familiar with the 1993 GVs, but the 1991 & 1992 non-ABS models have height-sensing proportioning valves mounted on the left rear frame rail ahead of the spring assembly and they are linked to the front mount on the spring to sense how much weight is on the spring. Take a peek under and see if you have one.

Reply to
SN

I think I found it. This has ABS and I think it is attached to the master cylinder and located under the brake reservoir.

thanks, nick

Reply to
ncs

Post what your problem is, It may help you out in the long run. If this is the Bendix 10 system abd that valve is bad you may get the complete assembly replaced.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I'm not sure what system it is. The problem is the pump runs too often. I brought it into the dealer and he said the valve is leaking. I thought this might be the problem because I can see the valve and it and the line is wet. The accentuator was replaced in May. Was there a recall on the whole assembly ?

nick

Reply to
ncs

Reply to
maxpower

Maybe I mis-spoke. The pump is not running all the time, just very often. I can see that the valve is wet and the line to it, it is leaking causing the pump to come on. I'll check with AllData on the recalls, but I don't think these parts are covered. I think the recall was #685 - ABS Actuator Piston and Pump/Motor Assemblies.

nick

Reply to
ncs

(incorrectly)

Reply to
maxpower

Is this part relatively easy to replace ?

thanks, nick

Reply to
ncs

Reply to
maxpower

the rt rear proportioning valve on the above vehicle.

Reply to
ncs