Sebring battery replacement question

Can anyone confirm this one?

Today, AAA delivered & instealled a new battery right in my drive......thought that was a pretty neat service. Guess AAA is introducing the service in most areas.

Service rep was a good guy and we chatted......I asked him if they have batteries for all cars. Answer was that they have most sizes, 12v, 6v, marine, trucks, etc.,etc and can accomodate just about any car except a short list of weirdos like foreign exotics and Chrysler Sebrings (!!!!!!!).

Asked him what was weird about a Sebring and he said you have to remove the inner fender to change the battery.....ergo, nothing they can do on the road or in a reasonable time frame......it's a dealer item.

Anybuddy run into that? If it's true, I'll tell my brother to dump his Sebring before he has to pour any more money down that black hole!!!!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Am I reading this right? your going to tell your brother to dump his Sebring because his battery is in the fender and AAA wont replace it !!!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

LOL! That's a good one!

Bill Putney

Reply to
maxpower

I replaced the battery on my 02 Sebring & while it's not as easy as a

58 Ford, it's not too big a deal. The battery itself is a standard, off-the-shelf size (nothing exotic.) Getting to it requires unsnapping the plastic forward fender liner which exposes the battery. Sure it helps to jack it up & remove the LF wheel, but people I know have done it with the car on the ground & the wheel turned out all the way - tight squeeze, but possible. Bill.
Reply to
Bill

lol.......no, won't tell him to dump the car.....but will suggest he have the battery replaced when it's time instead of having it fail at the worst time/place.

does remind me of two similar stores, tho: if I remember correctly, GM intermediates of the '64-67 vintage required you to remove the passenger side fender to change the heater core (was so on my '66 Buick Gran Sport).

and.....many years ago I had a '67 Volvo 144 (the first of the "boxes" - and what a great car - kept it for many years).

anyway, a headlight burned out so I consulted the manual and it said "remove grill and fender" for starts.

turns out that the US version was as simple as any other car - just put in a new sealed beam. but the manual referred to the Euro version (where you replace a burned-out element like new cars, but only replaced the reflector/housing when something got smashed) and was apparently translated by someone with a less than perfect grasp of English. I wonder how many people really followed it's instructions!!!!!!

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

THX for the tip on possible easy Sebring battery replacement Bill. My wife's 2001 Sebring's battery is OK, but I expect it's on it's nearing the end. No we aren't going to replace her lovely Sebring to get a new battery!

My '95 Concord's second battery suddenly failed after 6 yrs, with only a few days warning of very slightly slower starting. Our BCAA jump started it and offered to come to my home with a replacement, but mine still had a CTC warranty for 30% off. These warranties assume you won't keep the vehicle much longer. I may just challenge them on the replacement batteries warranty in about 6+ more yrs.

Reply to
Spam Begone

Thanks for putting a hex on my ass Click!!! sitting here drinking my cold Coors lite my wife calls, Battery dead and wont start. Battery just took a dump and I had to go jump start her. 2003 Sebring...Battery under fender

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower