Slam - 94 Concorde

My 94 concorde slams when I acellerate or slow down. I also feel it standing still - foot on brake- when I shift from D to R. Transmission shifts smoothly. I was told to check motor mounts. Mechanic said they were fine. Could anything else cause this problem? The slamming is not severe, but I ruined the A/C lines because of this on another car once. Is replacement of mounts a difficult or expensive job?

Thanks

Reply to
Tony

Take it to another technician without even looking back to the one that told you all was ok. The transmission mount is bad. And that is just common sense to diagnose that one!!

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

What the devil is "slamming??" The doors slam when you slow down? Sounds like a tranny or motor mount to me, if what I perceives to be happening is happening.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

Is the banging from under the AT shifter console? Could be a worn rear AT mount.

Reply to
Art

Try the transmission mount, right in the back of the engine/tranny assembley. It sounds like that. All the rubber wears out of it.

Reply to
Joe

The transmission mount is broken. It is at the rear of the transaxle, and is the one mount that takes the whole fore/aft rocking torque of the drivetrain. Your mechanic SHOULD have checked it along with the two engine mounts on the sides of the engine. Time for a new mechanic.

Reply to
Steve