Speedometer stopped working on 2002 T&C

My battery died and when I got it started with a jump I noticed the speedometer needle went crazy and circled clockwise and now stopped working. Must have shorted it out I think? All other panel gages and indicators are working so I don't think its a fuse. Anyone know what this will likely run me when I bring it in for repair?

Thanks, Luke

Reply to
Luke

Luke - Hopefully it will work like the LH cars of the same time period when that happens. From the 2nd gen LH car FSM: "A self-test of the cluster can also be initiated by pressing and holding the odometer reset button and switching the ignition from lock to unlock. The cluster will then step through several displays for functional verification."

You have to hold the odo reset button for about 3 seconds - release when the needle dance starts. The synchro-motor speedometer needle will be forced against the zero peg and will flop back into synchronization. Cost: $zero.zero

Reply to
Bill Putney

Thanks Bill. That was the trick!

Reply to