stalling of 92 voyager 2.5i

Hi list, here i am again

Well I had a MAJOR stalling when warm problem, so after reading the codes ( advise of mr stern..thx!) I got o2 sensor codes ( 21/52 ) and I replaced the sensor. The codes are now gone, and the problem is less fierce.

But.. i still get a stalling after a drive of 20 mins. The car doesnt'die and i replaced the following;

-rotor

-ignition wires

-sparkplugs

-fuelfilter

-airfilter

When the car is running idle the rpm goes up and down 30 rpm continues. When revving up a bit it takes quite some time to get rpm back to idle ( a sec or 2 - rough guess)

Any suggestions what to look for now??

Thx a mil

Guido

Reply to
Guido

Stalling, inconsistent idle speed and slow return to idle from speed can indicate different problems, many of which will NOT be detected by the computer.

It's very possible you have some vacuum leaks in the hoses on and near the throttle body. More specific information contained in this post I made earlier:

. Or you may have vacuum leaks at thethrottle body-to-manifold gasket or the manifold-to-head gasket. You may also have problems with your "AIS Motor" (idle speed control motor). This is electrically operated and sometimes the wires "cook" and cause the motor not to operate. It is located on the throttle body. If grasping the wires and moving them while the car runs can change the idle quality, the AIS motor is suspect.

You may also have problems with your Throttle Position Sensor, which is also located on the throttle body. A problem with the TPS will usually be detected by the computer, but if the TPS sends a value that is within the appropriate range for the device BUT not correct for any instantaneous situation, the computer will not see a problem -- the engine will just run poorly.

Another thing to check is the hose for the MAP sensor. Sometimes these can crack or get water in them, which causes poor idling and stalling. Make sure the hose is free of water and obstructions and that it is not cracked.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern