Stick-On panels for Intrepid? (Inside trunk)

Hi all... I have gotten under the carpet of my (First Generation) Intrepid to take a look at the fuel system. Inside on the right side of the trunk, under the carpet, are two access panels. They are made of some kind of stuck-on plastic which was painted along with the inside of the trunk. With age they have become brittle in places and gooey in others, so I was wondering what to stick on in place of them if I peel them off and they are destroyed? I was wondering if parts shops carry rolls of this material?

David

Reply to
David E. Powell

OK... never mind. They don't seem to be something I have to mess with. The real panel is back by the passenger seat in the trunk and secured by four nuts.... removing it exposes the top of the fuel tank and all the hoses running into it. (Exercise caution.)

Reply to
David E. Powell

Since it's out of sight I'd just fasten on with duct tape a bit of plastic cut from anything I find around the house.

Reply to
Some O

Thank you... I ws able to put the one I peeled off back on, but had been thinking "Old bumper sticker" as a take on your idea. Duct tape and plastic could work too. Fortunately, there was no hole under the panel, just a plastic panel. Ironically, the real access port is back by the passenger seat at the far part of the trunk (from the opening to the trunk) under the carpet, and is secured by four metal nuts. It's pretty fascinating, actually...

Reply to
David E. Powell