Suggestions for a realiable place to get Neon Body Parts?

I had a little accident in my '95 Neon. I lost the front bumper, the reinforcement and various lights. I can have my salvage yard order me the aftermarket parts that I cannot scavenge myself but I see the prices online are cheaper.

Has anyone bought body parts online? What were your experiences? Who did you use?

I'm located in the Mpls/St. Paul area, but will buy from anywhere if I know a little bit about a company.

I realize the car is a little old but it still runs great and fixing it will definitely be cheaper than monthly payments on new car.

Thanks for any input,

CM

Reply to
Chan

Me? I'd definately skip the parts yards. Case in point - you can get a factory radio for a 95 Neon from a parts yard - but they will try to gouge you $80 or more, claiming it is better than a Kendood(as if for such a budget vehicle).

EBay has it going for $25-$30.

My recommendation would be look there and at true junkyards/pick a part type places, or find one that has been totalled and buy it. $300 for a junked car(entire side or rear mashed in) that you can swap aprts off of is a great deal since you can sell the remains for $150-$200.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander