where to get rabbit body parts?

Hello, All!

I need a hood latching pin assembly for a 81 rabbit. The parts that attaches to the underside of the hood. Can't seem to find one anywhere, and the junkyards around here have no rabbits. Anyone know a place, or mayby have this for sale?

Thanks,

With best regards, dukecola. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

Reply to
dukecola

dealer?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

A VW dealer too!

Reply to
Woodchuck

There are MANY online sources for new Rabbit parts, and they are almost always MUCH cheaper than parts ordered from your local VW dealer. One such source is

another is
There are numerous other sources as well, including the VWVortex forums, where people often part out their cars and sell the pieces.

Reply to
Papa

Dave

Always check prices though. Sometimes I find better quality parts at the dealer for less than my wholesale place I buy from. (Plastic Coolant Pipes for the A2s) But in general the dealer IS more expensive with the more expensive parts like ignition components and electrical motors. (A3 Ignition Transformers for the 2.0 engines are better quality at the dealer though)

Your part should be available at the dealer if you can not find it elsewhere. ;-) No Junkyards around you? Or repair shops with VWs they are cannabolizing? I can probably find one at the pick n pull for little money.

JMHO later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Hello, Woodchuck! You wrote on Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:24:22 -0400:

??>>> I need a hood latching pin assembly for a 81 rabbit. The parts that ??>>> attaches to the underside of the hood. Can't seem to find one ??>>> anywhere, and the junkyards around here have no rabbits. Anyone know ??>>> a place, or mayby have this for sale? Thanks, With best regards, ??>>> dukecola. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net ??>>

Dealers don't have most old small body parts. This is more of a junkyard/used item.

Hello, Papa! You wrote on Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:34:06 GMT:

P> There are MANY online sources for new Rabbit parts, and they are almost P> always MUCH cheaper than parts ordered from your local VW dealer. One P> such source is

another is
P> There are numerous other sources as well, including the VWVortex forums, P> where people often part out their cars and sell the pieces.

Most of the online places do NOT have body parts, especially smaller ones. Lots of other stuff, but not body. I need like a junkyard resource.

Thanks, Duke

Reply to
dukecola

I've seen bumpers, fenders, doors, hoods, trunk lids, windshields, door handles, window mechanisms, body trim, seals, and many other body parts both large and small - all online. Then of course many parts are available (new and used) on Ebay. If you are looking for junkyard parts, your best bet is a local hometown source.

Reply to
Papa