T&C headlight replacement help

Need someone to share experiences replacing the 1999 T&C passenger side headlight. Dealer quoted $500 for this job, I am no longer be able to afford it right after a $500 radiator replaced.

Please provide service diagram if it is necessary/helpful. I found one headlight for as low as $180 on line, is it a reasonable price?

Thanks

Reply to
harry

shows a number of these for $100.

A dumb question possibly since I don't own one of these vans, but are you sure you can't just get along with a replacement bulb for a while? I would also think that a local wrecker could supply you with an entire headlight assembly cheaper than the $100 I listed.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

If you're on a really tight budget, find a good used one from

.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

The headlight assembly seems leaking pretty bad. Just replacing the bulb will not solve the problem...

Reply to
harry

Reply to
harry

If it is just the headlight assembly it is easy to do without a manual. I believe it is held on with two screws at the top. and you just wiggle and pull out. My 2003 was like that. And you had to take the assembly out to change the bulbs.

Reply to
David

Wondering why the dealer also quoted "right front marker lamp assembly"? I thought the 1999 has low/high and turn signal lights all in one assembly?? I only see the headlight assembly fogged not the lights under it...

Reply to
harry

It is one assembly.

Reply to
David

for a brand-new factory service manual, or
for a year's subscription to a compilation of factorylike service information online.

Do not buy Chilton or Haynes books; they're worse than worthless.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern