Transmission

Lately I noticed the transmission doesn't work too well . When I checked fluid level I noticed a lot of bubbles on the dip stick ,and basically I couldn't see what is the level. Is the level too high , or too low ?

Thanks Chuck Plymouth Acclaim 1992 , 3L , 3Speed electronic auto transmission with overdrive , 262K km.

Reply to
Jans

In my experience, if an automatic has too much fluid, then you can wind up with bubbles in the fluid. This in not good for the trans at all. So I would say too much fluid.

However, if you have not added fluid lately, then it seems unlikely.

Since you have 262k km on it, when was the last time it was serviced (fluid & filter)? If not recently, then you might want to take it to a reliable shop and get that done. This would resolve the issue.

Note that the 3 speed transmisisons are much more reliable than the 4 speed transmissions. You have my sympathy about the 3.0 litre Mitsubishi engine though. I used to have a 94 Acclaim with that engine and the 4 speed trans. Man what a bad combo. Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

hth

Reply to
NewMan