transmission problem?

I would seriously doubt that your heated seat thingy is causing this problem. Is the check engine lite on or is it blinking when the problem occurs? How many miles on this vehicle?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I'm having a problem with my 2001 Chrysler Neon. I purchased a seat warmer that plugs into the lighter and within a few minutes of use, I noticed a kickback or sluggishness on the transmission. I'm not even sure I'm explaining this right. Even today, 3 weeks (without using the seat warmer) I'm still having problems -slow to sluggish acceleration and jerking, slowdown at highway speeds. Any ideas? I did check the transmission fluid and all is well.

Reply to
skylinc

Your gonna have to have someone with a scan tool check this out. Just curious, when was the last time this car had a tune up including plugs and wires?

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

No engine light blinking or on; 80,000 km.

Reply to
skylinc

tune-up at 60,500. Regular engine oil changes too. The only problem I've had with this vehicle is 2 replacement batteries. The first battery failed in 03 and the 2nd failed in 05. Since then, no problems. Kelly

Reply to
skylinc

with plug wires?

Reply to
maxpower

yes, with plug wires. Kelly

Reply to
skylinc

Find someone with a scan tool to check all sensor input and outputs

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

It's going into limp mode, and you need it scanned. It has nothing to do with the seat warmer.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt