TSB 1900603 - 2003 Caravan 20000km: Steering: Column knock

Hi Anybody have the details of this TSB, I only have the title. My steering when in the straight position , when initially start turning it, it makes a little knock. Dealer says it is normal the gear pinion to do this (even though I din't have this sound in the beginning). He siad though that if it gets louder that is when you have a problem. Of course they did not acknnowledge the TSB, they ignored what I told them. I just don't undesrstand why they resist to give any info on TSBs especially whe the car is under warranty, I gues they get something back from DC the less warranty work the do Thanks for the help

Reply to
cosza

They ignore it because it takes a month or two for the dealer to get the parts to repair. DC issues a TSB to the Customer and the government. It acknowledges a problem, however it takes time for DC to secure a vendor to make the part to fix the problem, then test it, then make enough to cover

Reply to
deadbeat

is the sound sound near the stearing wheel or down by thr rack? My 2003 has some click near the wheel that I cannot alway duplicate so I'm reluctant to bring in for repair.

Reply to
Kevin