walmart house oil?

hello to all . does anyone know who makes it ? i heard castrol does. also i can rember helping grandpa as a kid and all he did was change the filter and add a quart. lol my how times have changed.waite does anyone still do this ? SKU

Reply to
Sean&Heather

I consider Castrol to be a good lubricant, but there's no telling what crap they'd manufacture for Wal-Mart (or anybody else) if the Castrol name's not going to be on it.

My cars doen't burn enough oil that there'd be room to add a quart.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

It's made in China, out of the fat rendered off political prisoners and

6-year-old factory workers.
Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

If there were a Wal-mart restaurant I wouldn't drink the "house" wine, so I wouldn't use the "house" oil in my car either!

Reply to
TNKEV

So you'd just leave out the quart that is inside the old filter when you take it off and throw it away, or did you miss the fact that this is the reason for adding the quart?

FWIW, I suspect more people are doing this today than a few years ago because more people are running extended oil change intervals. It doesn't hurt to change the filter and add a quart halfway through an extended oil change interval with synthetic oils (order of 9000 mile drain intervals) just to get a new filter in there, plus a dose of fresh oil and additives to boot. But that's assuming you do a COMPLETE oil and filter change at the end of the interval.

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote

Reply to
Dipstick

Documentation??? s.v.p. ;-)

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

What is your point? There is NO restaurant licensed at any USA Wal-Mart :-) Your comment makes absolutely no sense. Correct my impression of your statement - IF you can. Are you saying you don't change any oil in your "non-existant" vehicle?

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

Humm, I gues you don't understand the original poster's use of allegory?

In any event, Walmart does have lunch counter/restaurants in all the stores around me, but then that's hardly the point.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Reminds me of the comedian I heard recently that said that 7-11's are now selling fine wines, and he was having trouble deciding whether he should get a red or a white to go with his burrito.

Bill Putney

It does not matter who "makes it." It is what is in it that counts. Once a large home improvement chain in NYS sold a house brand they got from Mobil. It was base oil, but marked as SE 10W-40. It contained no viscosity improvers, pour or anti-friction additives. Even with the truth disclosed it took some effort to get them to pull the cans and not merely ship them out of state, but who knows, I'm sure Mobil did not want that crap back.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Then that is Mobil's fault, not the home improvement store! The oil supplier is responsible for the contents and labeling, so this scenario doesn't happen! Sounds like a far fetched story.

Reply to
hartless

I think there was sarcasm used by all posters involved ;-)

Me, I'd pull out my favorite Southern dining recommendation. "Don't order shrimp at the Waffle House." :D If you want oil, buy it branded by a company that MAKES oil.

Reply to
Steve

wow getting a answer is like getting your teeth pulled by a bunch of clowns!!! thanks!! just asking question, not asking for a toung lashing

Reply to
Sean&Heather

Yeah...wow, eh?

Giving "a" answer is all in a day's work, ma'am.

You're welcome.

And omitting singular indefinite articles...

Not asking for a *which*, now?

What are you, eight? Nine?

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

If I recall, Ashland Oil bottles the Wally World Motor oil.

Reply to
Caravan Guy

Last time I checked, WM's 100% synthetic was made by Quaker State, part of the worldwide BP conglomerate. At slightly over two bucks a quart (in gallon jugs) you can't beat it with a stick.

Rick

Reply to
Richard Ehrenberg

Not far fetched. You could FOIL the file from the state agency. The chain purchased base oil from a third party jobber for a very low price. The jobber purchased bass oil in bulk from Mobil and had it packaged and labeled in quart sized cans. They were able to sell it cheep because it was just basic stock oil that cost them about 8 cents a can of product. We were able to get it pulled from the market because it did not accurately state the source of the product, a requirement of our state's weights and measures law. At the time there were not state regulations on oil quality.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

Know this proves it is bogus. Mobil does not sell bulk oil to independants. Mobil packages it's own oil, and not to others to re-package.

Reply to
hartless

Most products from "low end" Walmart are manufactured to sell at a low price point, not necessarily at a quality level. Using any generic product is not in my program, whether it is car oil or food.

Buyer beware!

Reply to
Spam Hater