Was I ripped off?

sounds like they charged you flat rate

Reply to
robs440

When they quote you the number of hours for a job, it's the "book" hours. That's the number of hours it takes the average tech using the published procedure. How long it *actually* takes for *your* tech to do the job is what you're seeing. Some techs are faster than others in reality and some have found shortcuts. Your still charged for the number of hours published in the book.

I saw this when I repaired the heads on my old '88 3.0L. I got the timing wrong and towed it down to the dealer so they could do it. The book said it was about a 2 1/2 hour job or so. The tech had a short cut method and took about an hour to do the job. I still paid for 2 1/2 hours.

Reply to
David Allen