I kept my foot out of my mouth!

I have posted here about having the front lower control arm bushings changed on my PT Cruiser. The bushings were $40 each and $288 labor. After checking with three different Chrysler dealers, I was told by all three that they can't be replaced, the whole control arms @$160 each have to be replaced. The back ones can have the bushings replaced. So, before I questioned the garage (not a dealer) that did the work, I took the car to a friend who has a tranny shop. We looked under the car, the front bushings had been replaced. Any idea what is going on? BTW, I have the old bushings, they are in the bag that the new ones come in. The part # is that of the rear bushings. I'm confused.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Dodgem440

I think you stuck on the words. The lower control arm on the front of the vehcle has front and rear bushings. It's possible for all statements to be true. They replaced the "rear control arm bushing" on the front control arm and it's also possible the front control arm bushing on the front control arm not to be serviced seperatly. And last they just might know that a part might work for more than just the application it's listed for. Something real car guys have been doing for 100 years.

KS

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
mic canic

Which has -what- to do with control arm bushings?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

____Reply Separator_____ I can email you a JPEG.

Reply to