Jeep Repair in West Central NJ

Hi folks, I now have the Death Wobble problem and I believe that there are multiple things wrong/worn in my front suspension, and this is beyond my talents. I need someone nearby to me that really knows about Death Wobble and can fix me up correctly. Who is that someone?

2002 Wrangler, 164K miles. Thanks Tomes
Reply to
Me

Don't know about places but I learned the following.

1) Lower control arm bushings. (part of the control arm but can be pushed out. Far easier to replace the control arm) Causes wondering and DW breaks them down Mine went at the front axle. They literaly fell out as there was no rubber left.

The other two usually come about from #1

2) Steering stablizer. Keeps bad parts in check but only so far

3) Shocks. They eventually get beaten to death One of mine fell apart. :/

Reply to
DougW

Common causes are out of balance tires and bad shocks. Out of round tires, crooked tread layer or buldges in the tread also will trigger dw. Have that checked at a tire place if you recently changed tire.

See Doug's answer for the mechanicals - he's spot > Hi folks,

Reply to
Will Honea

Tomes,

These are the only people in western central NJ I know of. I've purchased a few things from them before, they have a fairly good size shop and have been in business for a number of years. Hope this helps....

Paul_in_VA

Reply to
Paul