Wheel Measurement

Is a wheel measured from rim to rim across the center?

Reply to
indago

bead to bead, actually. Don't know why you're asking, but don't forget about offset and bolt circle either.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel
050128 2002 - Nate Nagel posted:

When it is noted a 16" wheel, how is this figured?

Reply to
indago

Scroll down to "How to measure rims and wheels".

Bill Putney

Well heck - forgot the link:

Bill Putney

Ah, I thought you were talking about width, sorry. The overall diameter of the wheel will be a little larger than the nominal size, so if you measure a wheel at, say, 15-3/8" (to pull a number out of my ass) it is a 15" rim. Definitely not a 16" in this example.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel
050129 1159 - Bill Putney posted: