Wheel stud washers for LH?

While I had a wheel off to fix a scraping/squeaking noise, I noticed that some lug nut studs had a washer under the wheel and some did not.

Flash back a few years to when the dealer rotated my tires. Since then whenever I torque the lugnuts to spec, some are quite jerky when being torqued to spec, others are fine. I now think this is because these washers are missing from some studs.

I looked through my LH parts book but couldn't find these, either under Wheels (which includes lugnuts) or Brakes (which includes studs). Does anyone know what I'm talking about or the part number?

Also, what is a good place to order Chrysler parts online from these days? Being able get a description and price when you type in a part number is extremely helpful.

Thanks! Greg (99 Intrepid.)

Reply to
Greg Houston

Greg,

Those are put on at the factory to hold the rotors on during assembly - two per wheel. They are totally not needed. The first time the rotors are removed, they should simply be discarded.

I know what you mean about jerky lugnuts. I know it does that with my aftermarket wheels - I just assumed it is the nature of aluminum.

has a good drill down parts lookup system as do some others. Not everything will come up by drilling down, but if you have part numbers to type in, I believe everything willl come up that way. If you see some P/N's that start with a zero, leave the leading zero off - otherwise it will not recognize the number.

Bill Putney

Ahh, that solves the mystery and explains the lack of a part number. Thanks!

Thanks, I'll give that a try. If I can find a little bottle of touch up paint - Bright Platinum, I'll be excited. :) I don't think Chrysler has used that color since 2000 or so.

Reply to
Greg Houston