Which Struts for 95 Concorde?

I would like to replace the front and rear struts on my 95 Concorde and would have preferred to purchase Bilsteins, Koni's, KYB AGX adjustables or some other high performance strut, but those brands are not available for this model.

Because of this fact, I have decided to stick with either Chrysler OEM or Monroe Sensatrac replacement struts. Usually, aftermarket struts, including Monroe, are thought to always be higher quality than OEM, but I'm not sure in this instance. Of the two, can anyone provide advice on which of the these are the higher quality, stiffer, longer lasting strut or where I can obtain information and specs to make that determination on my own? Thanks!

Reply to
John Czahoroski

If you were asking about a second gen. LH car I would be able to give you an answer, but for first gen., you should go to the 1st gen. forums on

I'm sure they've discussed this ad-infinitum there. If it's like opinions I've read there and on the 300M Club forums for 2nd gen. struts, you will find that there are those that thing brand A is great and brand B is garbage, and those that think that Brand B is good and brand A is garbage. Hopefully the opinions will be heavily to one side in which case you can probably safely disregard the minority opinion. I know that for 2nd gen, people generally speak well of the OEMs, and there are different suspension package variations that are generally interchangeable with all packages. Same might or might not be true of 1st gens.

Bill Putney

Why not stick with the ones that were originally on ther vehicle. They are monroe and look how long they have lasted. Chrysler doesnt makes there struts/shocks, they were made by Monroe back then and I beleive they still are.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Monroe is the brand used by Chrysler for your car as OEM. Stick with them!

Reply to
David

Interesting, no wonder they're lasting so long. Thank you for the valuable info.

Reply to
Spam Hater