C3 Desire dashboard menus

Hi,

I've been lent a C3 Desire for a couple of weeks while my car is off the road. I've been tryng to make sense of the menus but without the handbook am not getting anywhere. I wonder if there is a PDF copy of it out there or someone could help me sort out a couple of things. In particular, I can't make sense of the MPG and 'miles left in the tank' settings.

I also thought I saw 'Economy Mode' flash up and as there doesn't appear to be any guts in second gear wonder if I've got stuck in that mode. Although I've recently changed to another car, I had a Xantia TD for several years and like it a lot. One of those cars that you just put fuel in, checked the tyres/levels and it went on forever.

Thanks in advance for amy help - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

Joe McElvenney wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

On our C2 (should be similar), there's a button on the end of the wiper switch which cycles through the options for display. Generally, dots leading from a car icon to a petrol pump icon is what you've got left, and dots from a marker to a car icon is what you've done since the trip computer was last reset (eg: MPG). A figure for MPG on it's own is the instantaneous figure.

I think "Economy mode" is when you're listening to the radio without the engine running, and the car decides you don't want to run the battery down.

Reply to
Dave Ryman

Dave

Any idea how to turn off or disable Economy mode on the C2?

My wife's summer job involves her sitting in the car all day, at a beach car park, counting the boats going past (it's a hard life, but someone's got to do it) and she has to take a portable from the house because her C2 turns everything off after 20 minutes.

Thanks

Richard Web pages:

for caravanning,
for my personal web site and
because I love the email address.

Reply to
Richard Cole

Dave,

Yes, you are right; that is the way it is done the C3 also. I hadn't realised that you could change the display from the control column cluster. Now I know better.

Thanks very much - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney