C5 replacement turbo

Ok, where can i get a new or recon turbo for my 2001 C5 for less that £

834.00p ? (Citroen Price ). Cheers. Ray.
Reply to
olddog

Why do you need a new Turbo? Its not an Anti-pollution Fault is it?

Reply to
mooseshaver

olddog ( snipped-for-privacy@newtrox.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

2.0 HDi or 2.2HDi? 2.2 is variable vane, 2.0 isn't.

Any decent turbo recon place should be able to rebuild yours if they can't do one off-the-shelf (given the sheer number of 2.0HDi around, I'd be amazed if they can't - 2.2 might be trickier)

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
olddog

re

The Anti-pollution fault has all sorts of causes, inc sensors. On 2.2 engines, the Eloys fluid can build up in the turbo and cause the fault. Its an easy job for a mechaninc to do, but no one so far is willing to do it, all they want to do is sell a new turbo. At a cit dealer, a new turbo for a 2.2 is around =A31060 inc labour. I think about =A3500 is for the turbo, so if your =A3834 is inc fitting its cheaper than a dealer.

Reply to
mooseshaver