Can I Disable Citroen C5 Economy Mode

Just got a 55 reg 1.6HDi C5 and am getting really annoyed with the "Economy Mode" which decides it will turn off the radio after the engine has been stopped for 30 minutes. Starting the engine briefly will allow it to be turned on again, but only for a further 5 minutes!

Is their any way to stop it turning the radio off whilst I'm sitting having a break? I've gone through all the menus but can't find anything. Having to start the engine every 5 minutes doesn't seem a very "Economical" idea to me.

Bob Coates

Reply to
bobcoates

( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Can't you just hit the power button on the radio to turn it back on?

Reply to
Adrian

No, after 30 minutes it basically stops you doing anything till you've started the engine again. My 206 is the same. Although once you've started the engine you can stop it again straight away and you get another half hour with mine. Its not really a feature I ever have to encounter as I don't often sit in my car for great periods of time without the engine on...

Reply to
DanTXD

is it the new shape c5 then not possible its set by the computer, if its a mk1 take it to a dealer and ask them to increase the economy timer slightly it is possible to do hth but only with diagnostic equipmentmputer

Reply to
Tim-mz500r

Doh should have read it properly nope cannot be disabled set by the computer, time engines running = economy mode

Reply to
Tim-mz500r

Hi My C5 went into eco mode quite regularly and eventually the battery went flat. had it tested and it was cream crackered. Got a new battery from Citroen dealer and all was well again. The car has never gone into eco mode since. Regards

Reply to
petetop

PS. eco mode is the car shutting down all non essential electrics to save power for the computer.

Reply to
petetop

What a POS idea. Frenchies eh!

Reply to
gazzafield

I think you will find that many modern cars do this, especially if they use multiplexed electrics.

Certainly VAG do. They even shut down the alarm monitoring eventually.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Still a POS idea.

Reply to
gazzafield

Even when the alternative is to have a vehicle that won't start because the battery is flat?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Yep. There is absolutely no need to have computers and other systems which are seemingly so power hungry. A flat battery aint the end of the world, people have dealt with it for years. We are all just too damn lazy now.

Reply to
gazzafield

Despite it not being the end of the world, if my car thinks my battery is flat I'd quite like it to turn off non-essential things. An override would be nice though, in case it's wrong.

Reply to
David Taylor

And maybe even an actual voltmeter? Naah.

Reply to
Ian Stirling