clutch problem

Can anyone help with a problem my son has with his car. Once it starts to heat up, every time he puts his foot on the clutch it makes a horrible grinding noise. When he takes his foot off the clutch it stops. Then sometimes when he accelerates it comes back. He has a saxo. Not sure what engine size. We thought it was the exhaust, but when that fell off and the noise was still there it ruled that out.

Reply to
kraftykatz

At a guess, I would say that thr thrust bearing is on it's way through the fingers of the pressure plate.

You will have to remove the gearbox to check it out.

Regards Slim

Reply to
Slim