Evasion or 2.0CT engine experience

I am going to buy an Evasion (Synergie) MPV with 2.0CT engine (turbo gasoline) or 2.0i 16v. Does anyone has any experiences with these engines or cars? I would appreciate any comment (positive or negative) or hint.

Thanks,

Dalibor

Reply to
klg

I think that's the same engine as the XM 2.0i turbo isn't it? We had one of those which we just sold (still running well) and the engine had done 200000 miles. The turbo had begun to whistle a bit but otherwise it seemed very sweet still, didn't use oil, still pulled well, etc.

Reply to
usenet

( snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep.

Just a pity about the rest of the Synergie/Evasion/806/Ulysse/whatever.

Only one I've seen close up was a 1.9TD - about 5 years old, with a big engine prob. Wasn't worth an engine swap, even though it was the perfectly normal (and therefore available) lump.

The mechanical access was so abysmal it would have taken forever and a week, and the labour charge would have been about twice the value of the vehicle.

You don't need a mechanic, you need a gynaecologist.

Reply to
Adrian