Toyoya Corolla Verso: 1.8 or 2.2D

I am trying to weigh up whether it is better to buy a 1.8 or 2.2D Corolla Verso. From the reviews I am reading it seems that the less powerful petrol engines make the cabin ride noisy. And due to the Verso's size makes the cars sluggish on the road. I am rarely going to be carrying a full load, and for the most part this extends to my wife and a large dog.

As someone who previously owned just a KIA 1.3 engine I am trying to keep realistic about how much noise the Verso 1.8 could produce.

However, my question is still one that I would like to ask as I don't want to find myself going up to the mountains inside the equivalent of an an aircraft at takeoff.

Does anyone own a

Corolla Verso 2.0 tdi D-4D or a Corolla Verso 1.8 16V Sol

and can tell me their experience with them.

Thanks for your help Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff