Re: XM fun begins (problems)

All else works beautifully, just a shame that the previous owner was a

> nobhead who couldn't spray a car for toffee, it 'looks' rough. I'm well > pleased with the drive, just need to sort the cosmetics.

Sorry, can't help with the above, but I think people will want to know which year the car was made, as the early series 1 XMs had lots of fun electrical probs.

Anyhow, is that the car I saw on ebay the other week that had been resprayed black from gold?

Reply to
hissing

snip

I have to ask - are you aware of all the stuff that appears at the end of all your posts?

Reply to
Whiskers

Lynyrd Skinhead (the_ghost_of_PORK snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yellow? Citroen never offered yellow, AFAIK - goldish, yes, but yellow?

I wonder how many other colours you're going to find...

Reply to
Adrian

Lynyrd Skinhead (the_ghost_of_PORK snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Use it more...

Mine reads full for probably 200+ miles from full without moving, then drops to half in the next 150 miles, then to empty over the next 150.

The dot matrix is *always* faulty. I have a clock/computer display - coincidentally from a '95 TCT Exclusive - drop me a line off group - ac (at) too many 2cvs dot co dot uk

Reply to
Adrian

Nope, don't know anything about it apart that it was for sale on ebay and that it apparently sold for 390 quid, the whole yellow/black respray thing made me chuckle at the time, thats why i recalled it :)

Reply to
hissing

Sticking float is the first obvious thing to look at. There's an access panel beneath the rear seat so it's not to awful to investigate.

They are nearly always faulty and replacements cost an arm and a leg, most people just live with it.

Reply to
usenet