Re: Dodge Dart electrical problems/starting problems

On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 22:40:46 -0800, The Real Bev wrote:

And rn before that, as I recall! :)
I had a 1970 Dodge Dart in 1980 just after I left grad school but I don't remember anything about the electrical system so I can't help the OP.
At about 100K, the front shook so much at speed that I replaced the pitman arm, idler arm, ball joints, and tie rod ends.
I didn't know about alignment in those days, so I just marked the mating parts and bolts (which I had to do anyway since I did the toe myself, with a helper).
Took it to Sears.
Learned a lesson that mechanics are crooks.
Sears charged me but I never saw the guy do anything to the car, but I didn't know then to watch every second of what they do.
Back home, not a single marked bolt was moved.
Took it back, and they found nothing was even close except the toe (which I had done).
The mechanic's charts only went back 10 years so he simply didn't do anything.
That's not even my first experience with mechanics who are crooks (don't even ask me about AAMCO on that same Dodge Dart).
Basically, what I learned was mechanics are crooks.
That's why I do all my own work today.
I feel sorry I can't help the OP though.
On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 14:13:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:

In addition...
Just in case folks are unaware of the links for the dejanew's Google Groups "permanent" searchable web archives of this newsgroup, here is an easily remembered link: o <http://tinyurl.com/rec-autos-tech
See also: o <http://rec.autos.tech.narkive.com
If you know of other "permanent" free web-searchable public archives for this Usenet newsgroup, please let us all know so that we all benefit from what you know.
--
Usenet is a wonderful way for purposefully helpful people to share value.