cars of 2006

ok people what cars did you see this year either in person, on telly or on the web that made you go 'oh' or 'i'd like one of them!' lets have say a top
3. can be new or old doesn't matter. could be something you saw at a show ect.
for me it would be:
1. Ferrari 430 - love the look and sound of this! saw 1 at the motorshow and if i had the cash to buy and run one i would! get a black one mind!
2 Civic Type R - saw this at the motorshow as well in the summer and thought 'wow' they've basically made a road car look like it's concept brother. love the outside and the dash.
3. Corvette - the new one i mean, saw LOADS of these in florida and i just loved them, the noise, the looks, everything totally cool!
Braun converted Dodge Grand Caravan with all the toys. And I bought it several days ago. Waiting 6 weeks for delivery now from the US! And the wheels, tyres etc...

You're really quite excited about this eh? ;-) I would be too mind you. :-) This is going to be the second longest six weeks of your life... :-)
--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

What was the first?

Buggering about in hospital
--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Oh you mean 6 weeks in a coma! That both took forever and was timeless all at the same time.
I was just "elsewhere" and not understanding what was happening in the real world. Scary. Like a bad trip for over a month...
And even more scary when you do wake up and find you were in a coma and are now unable to move or speak (too many pipes and wires) and nobody tells you whats happening... Oh the fun!

That's the bit. How long till you get the new wheels? :-)
--
Tunku

"end user" v. A command regrettably not implemented in most systems.

Wheels will be here in 3 days. tyres about 4 days. Van is expected to clear customs about 6th to 8th jan... The wheels will be here and placed carefully in position on the drive waiting... They may not fit though because I am guestimating and going up 1.5 inches diameter as well as from 215 to 255! We will see.

<predictable mode>
Brera QV 4wd Maserati Quattroporte

3rd place. DJ Firehawk. Carbon tub, 300 odd kilos, 250bhp busa, air starter. Yes, I know it's a racing car, but this thing brought major league hi-tech to our little track.
2nd place. MGB GT V8 Fuel injected. One of my mates has built this over the last 5 years and now it's finished. Major achievement. Sounds lovely.
1st place. A thing called a Fisher Fury. This one is very special though. It was built with an optional lightened and lowered chassis, paper thin bodywork, bubble arches to take 8" wide 13" revolutions. And last but not least, it has a Hasyabusa engine in it. Only made such an effect on me because I had a go in it. This one was in the life changing experience category. 180bhp - 430kg.

You should try the bike!
Then try it with 3 or 400bhp and a turbo.
Then try it with 2 stages of nitrous to top things off.
That IS a life changing (and violent/addictive totally over the top and incomprehensible)

Sorry - never going to happen. Ever.

I could well imagine that. If you know what I mean :-)
Oh - and I got the weight of the Firehawk wrong. It's actually 262kg. Which, frankly, I struggle to comprehend. http://users.breathe.com/defiant1/djracecars/carbontub.html

Dry, no fuel, oil, driver etc?
262 Kg = 577lb (or 25lb over a quarter odf a ton so x by 4 = 2301lb?)
180bhp x 4 = approx 700 bhp per ton acording to my drunken maths so it should feel fast!
Bike with say 450bhp including turbo/nitrous (usually more is possible! because you can do that without nitrous! 5x 450 = 2250lb)
So say 450 lb bike or say 100 lb less than 1/4 ton. so x by five and you get 2250bhp per tone!
But its the same engine so if you did the same trick with the car motor (turbo/nitrous you get 450 x 4 = 1800 bhp per ton which is looking much livelier!
I dont suppose you could make one a) road legal b) wheelchair freindly???
No I thought not!
I will stick to my new import!
Bob Sherunckle wrote:

Wassan air starter?

Bottle of compressed air powers a rotor which is plugged into the engine which cranks the engine. It is then removed. After all, a starter must weigh a couple of kilos...
Bob Sherunckle wrote:

What cracks me up about the driver of that car, is that despite all the technology, the huge entourage with matching overalls and the shiny red paintwork, he still wasn't the fastest man on the track this year. (c:
--
Douglas

:-) Is as much as I am allowed to say.
Bob Sherunckle wrote:

Heh, don't get me wrong though, I still think it really is a fantastic thing to see and hear being driven in anger.
http://www.paynehq.com/gallery/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId%53
--
Douglas

Bob Sherunckle wrote:

Oh right, so kind of self-explanatory then! Cheers.

Liked the Ford GT I took my son to see at the North East Motorshow.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/meatheredotcom/MatmotorshowAug06019.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/meatheredotcom/MatmotorshowAug06015.jpg
Look closely at the pic below...I wouldn't be happy to pay 100k+ for a supercar that had the switch stalks straight out of a Ford Focus!
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/meatheredotcom/MatmotorshowAug06016.jpg
The other car is this one:-
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r80/meatheredotcom/38_12.jpg
I liked this one that much I bought it......