Strange markings on glass

My car went in to get the problems sorted and when I got it back there were strange markings on left and right of the windscreen (see link)

These markings are consistent with glass suction holders. Is it possible for the dealer to have replaced my window without telling me after an accident or is there another explanation?

Link: news:sIm6f.9601$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net

I must point out that this car was spotless before it went in and every inch of those windows washed and wiped dry inside and out.

The glass on the rear view mirror was also dirty I might add.

If it turns out that the windscreen has been replaced, is this something that dealers do, or do they tend to have accounts with companies like autoglass etc. I'd be interested to know.

paranoid pete

Reply to
PeterCB

Why don't you ask them?

Reply to
Brian

I will - I thought I'd ask here first. My car is going in again next week. I will ask then and post my findings here.

Can you offer any explanation?

Reply to
PeterCB