Remote Locking Failure - Citroen Synergie

Hi

We have a Citroen Synergie V plate.

The remote control fob for the central locking has stopped working, it works fine by putting the key in the lock, we have tried changing the batteries in the key, but this has made no difference.

I could buy a new key and get it coded, but it is possible that the receiver in the car has failed, how can I tell which unit has failed, without paying for Citroen for the priviledge of plugging there computer into the engine management.

Thanks

Reply to
Amanda

The circuit boards in the plips have been known to suffer from dry joints by that age. If you know someone who's handy with a soldering iron, get them to give it the once-over. Worked for me.

= Expensive from a main stealer.....

Do you not have the other plip?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Vann

Thank's

"Amanda" a écrit dans le message de news:

0zR5f.11611$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
Reply to
Pierre Robyns