Transponder Key copy

I have two keys for my Citroen Berlingo MPV 2000, however only one of them works in the ignition because I had a new BSI installed last year and I couldn't find the spare key for them to recode it. I have now found the spare key so was wondering whther it was possible to have the new 'code' copied from the working key onto the spare? I don't want to have to spend a fortune at a Citroen dealer, can you get it done at other places more cheaply?

Reply to
thekendall_1

Yup. Try your local locksmiths. Yellow pages may help. I lost one of the sets of keys for my Pug 406 last year. Mine has a transponder but isn't the more sophisticated model. I got a key minus the remote control cut for about £40. If I wanted the remote control it would have been £80-100. The more sophisticated transponder keys were also a similar amount more expensive.

Reply to
malc