Grand Picasso: 1.6 HDi (110 hp) FAP or 2.0 HDi (138 hp) FAP?

Hi all, I am about to buy a Grand Picasso, but I have a doubt about what model to chose: I am afraid that the 110-hp model has no sufficient power to move a big car like that in every road conditions. I know the engine is the same that is mounted in the Peugeot 406, which weighs about 170 Kg less. Any hint? Some of you has the less powerful model and can give me his/ her impressions? Thank you very much in advance! Giorgio

snipped-for-privacy@unisalento.it

Reply to
giorgio.denunzio

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Have you considered test-driving a 1.6 and seeing if it's acceptable TO YOU?

Reply to
Adrian

I have the C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi and it is a gutsy engine, forget the capacity and consider the hefty old turbocharger fitted to it which makes all the difference.

It easily manages to run about with five adults and luggage. Mine has the EGS gearbox and it manages over 45 miles to the gallon easily.

In a few reviews I have read the reviewer has said that they consider the 1.6 to be the better engine choice as it is a more willing motor. I would not disagree as it's a smooth and free-revving engine for a small capacity diesel. Manufacturers are now moving towards smaller diesels with a more advanced turbo such as Vauxhall-Opel and their 1.3 engine in the Corsa and Astra.

Get a test drive arranged and see for yourself

FR

Reply to
Flying Rat

Reply to