1966 GMC

I don't know if this counts as a "classic" truck but I recently bought a 1966 GMC half-ton. I was wondering if there were any good news-groups or other sources of information for this truck. Also, where would I find a repair manual.

Also, the truck-box has wooden planks. I am wondering what kind of wood was used in these trucks.

Thanks.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Buydens

RE: 1966 GMC BY: snipped-for-privacy@duke.usask.ca (Brian Buydens)

-

lots of information and links to the 6066 GMC Trucks Yahoo group.

- -

- Doc -

- David R Leifheit

1961 GMC 1500 pickup 1961 GMC 1500 flatbed 1962 GMC 1000 pickup 1963 GMC 2500 flatbed/carhauler 1966 GMC 1000 pickup 1966 GMC 1500 pickup - parts 1966 GMC 1500 chassis 1968 GMC 5500 flatbed

-soon? 1963 GMC 4000 flatbed

Origin: The Wild Wild West * 503-623-0185

Reply to
Doc

On my '57 Fargo I replaced with Douglas Fir. Friend used Oak on his Cameo.

Reply to
clare

There are a ton of suppliers for your truck. My favorite is Chevyduty.com. I have a 61. I have bought lots of stuff though them as they have the best prices.(they carry GMC as well) There are alot of bed kits available. You wll be surprised how reasonable parts are for these trucks. There are still a lot on the road.. What kind of engine do you have ?

Reply to
TOLYN9

I really don't know, it's a six cylinder (235)? with a two speed powergide auto trans. It's a great old truck and needs almost nothing to put it back on the road.

Reply to
PrecisionPunches

Chevyduty.com. I

Reply to
SPS 700

Nope; The bed is still all there and even in some places still has the paint on it (silver).

Reply to
PrecisionPunches