finding six-bolt wheels

1965 Chevy C10, 292.

I'm having a hard time finding the wheels I want and am starting to wonder if they even exist. My truck has the six-bolt pattern, and I want to put what I call "slot rims" on it. I believe one brand name is Ansen. They were popular especially for muscle cars and vans in the late 60s and early 70s. I don't mind buying used, but can't even find them on eBay. When a seller specifies dimensions between holes, etc., what do I look for to fit my truck?

I suppose I could change to a five-bolt pattern, but how would I do that? I'd prefer to keep the present setup, for now. I'm not interested in changing to disk brakes just yet. That type of modification would be farther in the future.

Any suggestions on where or what to look for, or what a good option might be, would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
The Dave©

where are ya located? i've got a set on my 69 C10. may be willing to sell... they are 15x8.5 with a 6x5.5 bolt pattern. hth

Reply to
Rondo

I live in northern California. I'm not real familiar with the differences or similarities of different years, so I'm assuming that bolt pattern will fit a '65 Chevy C10, also.

Reply to
The Dave©

The wheels from old Toyota Hilux and Land Cruisers fit the Chebby. Old Datsun P/ups as well IIRC.

Reply to
clare

Rocket Wheels makes a 6-bolt slotted "Ansen" type wheel for Chevy... locate your nearest speed shop... they might have to order them for you.

-Buck F.

Reply to
Buck F.

I'm running 1992 Rodeo Rims on my '52 Jimmy. Check wit hyour Izusu dealer.

Bush

Reply to
Bush

Check out:

They have several styles whichare available in 6 lug patterns. Also check out:
They have rally style wheels for 6 lug applications.

Some of the older toyotas had 6 lug wheels that fit the early chevrolets as well. Might check with a salvage yard. Make sure you check the back spacing first.

Reply to
Carl Goss

Any wheels for older Totota 4X4 and Land cruiser, and Nissan 4X4, as well as early 2 wheel drive Toyota Hilux are 6 bolt, and fit.

Reply to
clare

Try the JC Whitney catalogue or web site. We used to call them "slotted mags" and I have not seen them on display anywhere for quite a while.

If you do switch to a five lug set up you will have to replace your rear axles with a five lug set up. I have heard of the six lug hub being redrilled with a five lug pattern. Not sure how I would feel driving on a rear hub with 11 holes drilled in it.

As for the disk brake conversion, Early Classic Enterprises ( as do some others) sell a front disc brake conversion kit that retains the six bolt set up on the early model trucks.

Reply to
David Stooksbury