Re: 1964 difference between a 230 and 292 6cyl

I think the 292 dist. cap should have two screws holding it on. The 292 I believe has a 2 spout water pump. The 230 I believe has a 'snap' on dist cap. hope this helps.

maxima owner of a 1987 Nissan Maxima and a 1966 Chevy Fleetside with deluxe trim.

Reply to
Maxima

Water pumps are based on application more than engine. The only real difference between the 230 and 292 is a taller block with a longer stroke.

Reply to
SnoMan

-Woogeroo

Reply to