Alvis 12/60 1931

Hi,

Anyone tell me where would be a good place to advertise for sale a 1931 Alvis 12/60 Beetleback that has been restored to a very high standard.

I can't find a group that seems to fit the bill that well so all ideas would be appreciated.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Jim ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's because you don't advertise on a group, generally. They're for discussion, not plugging.

But I'll give you a tenner. How's that sound?

Reply to
Adrian

Jim realised it was Thu, 09 Mar 2006 21:15:12

+0000 and decided it was time to write:

Try

Yippee

Through the owners club.

What's the difference between the 12/60 and the 12/50 then?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

The 12/60 is later than the 12/50. Quite a few modernisations and a more powerful engine.

Thanks for the constructive comments.

Reply to
Jim

"Modernisations" being a relative term, I suspect! I wish I had sufficient money for something like that. My mother used to drive a 12/50 Beetleback in the sixties that she sold for something like

100 quid. We tracked it down through the OC a few years back and learnt that it still exists, but with body and chassis seperated by a few counties. At least I _think_ it was a 12/50. Reg No. was GK something or other.
Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Hi

Yep, 'modernisations' being a relative term. There were a series of changes to all sorts of things. My father-in-law knew every detail and could date a car from 100 paces by looking at them. He spent thousands on having this car restored from the chassis up. Everything was sorted...and, I presume, still is. I just want to find someone who will appreciate it. I like the look of it and have enjoyed driving it over the years, but I don't 'love' it as he did.

Pity really.

Reply to
Jim

Given that this group is fairly low traffic I'd say the appropriate owner's club or one of the classic car mags?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Jim,

It'll be worth a few thousands. My advice: Get it valued by the Alvis Owners' Club Advertise in a good classic car magazine like "The Automobile" And beware of dealers - there are some right dodgy ones about!

Regards,

Richard

Reply to
Richard Green