E30 related stuff

Some time ago I posted here about a LHD 320iS I picked up as a runaround whilst my 9-3 Viggen was having some bodywork done, and received some very useful replies, thanks to all who posted on that one, you know who you are.

Time to ask the experts again.

Acquired a 316i E30 Touring as a "spares" car, and after digging around, it's really very well sorted. Good bodywork, shit electrics (as in the dash lights are f*****) as usual, perfect trim (my main reason for buying it), and a noise free M40 engine (yes you read that part correctly) on a 91 J plate. Looks sweet too, better, IMHO than its booted brother.

So.... use the Touring , as I originally intended, a donor car for hard to find/ mind boggingly expensive (ie, e/window switches, only notably working element of shit electrics) parts, or to treat it as a project in its own right? Space is NOT an issue around here, BTW.

(It does have very pretty 15" Porsche - style alloys which look so bloody good on it, I need some impartial advice..... aaaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!)

(sorry for so many brackets, English Language/ Grammar was not a strong point at my school)

Reply to
deadlock