How do you photograph your Land Rover?

I was having a conversation with a friend at the weekend. and mentioned how I was trying to fix an old camera, and she said, "Like your Land Rover, is it?"

Well, no fancy electronics, certainly. But it occurred to me, what's the appropriate camera to photograph a Land Rover with? For a Series I I'd suggest a screw-thread Leica, or one of the Russian copies. Apparently, the lens-mount thread is Whitworth profile.

And lay off the electronics for a Classic Range Rover. Use a Hasselblad?

While the latest Range Rover is something you photograph with your mobile phone while it's parked outside Starbucks.

Reply to
David G. Bell

How about a Seagull?

Reply to
David French

Twas Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:42:44 +0000 (GMT) when snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") put finger to keyboard producing:

I just put some photo's of mine on my website, Land Rover = 1984 110 CSW Diesel. Camera = 2003 digital Olympus. Not very appropriate.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Nah - for a Series 1, you'd use something like this :

- Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Impressed (I think). Am going to make one of these just to see if I can!

Reply to
pl.white

In article , David G. Bell writes

Series I: Corfield or possibly Vinten (if they're moving pictures). Taylor Hobson lenses naturally. Possibly one of those nice big British monorails (wooden tripod with brass knobs essential). Print on a Gnome enlarger.

Series II/IIa: Spotmatic/Nikon F (sorry, that's when the Brits gave up the fight), movies: CP16/Arriflex/Mitchell.

Series 3: Nikon F3/Pentax LX, Alpa Rotor (for those kinky shots under the bonnet). Nikonos II/III for the wading stuff (the IV & later are too prone to leaking)

Range Rover SE Vogue '04: Cannon XP1s (for everything).

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Wouldn't that make a Nikonos IV _more_ appropriate?

Reply to
David G. Bell

In article , David G. Bell writes

Quite so - don't know what I was thinking of there :)

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Well I tend to use my digital camera for the convenience and of course I have fixed a video camera to the dash with a cheap bracket from Jessops,

However I do possess a number of vintage cameras, and I am talking vest pocket Kodak era here, so that is even pre Landy.

I do like mechanical cameras as a backup though and I would suggest a trusty Pentax K1000 or a spotmatic with the 42mm screw. or would that actually be more appropriate to a Land Cruiser, and a Zenit or Zorki for a Lada.

Reply to
Larry

It certainly would have come in handy during my Christmas trip to Wales, when it rained, and rained, and rained as it only can rain in Wales.

Larry

I have a Zenith Photo Sniper ... and I know if I tried to get that through customs there would be some twitchy bottoms...when assembled it looks like a M16 crossed with a Milan.

In fact the visual impact is briliant ...... especially for ramblers in scenic areas....

Lee D

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

This was the camera that one DIDN'T take to Northern Ireland in the 'Troubles', or to any other war zone for that matter... Luckily they're antiques now and the chances of some misguided snapper getting shot are pretty low ;-)

Reply to
David Sillitoe