BMC part no. beginning with 24G

I think it is an internal "kick plate" not an external sill cover - it's too flimsy to be fitted outside the car. I think the "big" side will be vertical, with the taper fitting where the floor rises in the front footwell and the small side which is at 90 degrees running along underneath the door openings. The digital camera should be home tonight, pictures up tomorrow hopefully!

Neil McD.

Reply to
Neil McD.

Would it be for a car that has no B-pillar between the doors?

Didn't the old London taxis have this configuration with a conventionally opening door at the front and a suicide door at the back?

I was about to suggest the MG Y-type but then realised (a) that the the doors are in the reverse configuration opening back-to-back around the B-pillar and (b) they don't have a trim strip across the bottom of the door openings.

dan

Reply to
Dan Smithers

Dan Smithers gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Yes, but they had a B-pillar. I can only really think of stuff like the Lincoln Continental and Facel-Vega Excellence (and more recently the RX8, Mini Clubman and some 'merkin Ford pickups) which were pillarless.

Reply to
Adrian