98 V70 driver side window

The window in my wife's V70 is stuck in the down position. When I toggle the switch, I do not hear anything when I try to raise it, but when I push down, I hear a "click" after a few seconds ... however, I cannot detect movement in the door.

I've read elsewhere about using electronic cleaner to clean the contacts to see if that works, but wanted to ask if there is anything else to try while I begin to disassemble things or if there is a "usually, it is this, try it first" type of a tip.

I've read about other models and taking out the center console, but these switches are on the door. I see a little plastic panel that I figure hides a screw or torx. Is that enough to get to the switch, or do I need to remove the panel?

TIA. Dave

Reply to
tom_sawyer70

I was able to get the master switch out of the door and cleaned the contacts. It worked for a day, but now it is flaky again so I believe that I need a new switch.

My part number(s) is: LH 94 72 276

03 4585 15

I've seen a number of replacement parts online, but am curious about what the numbers represent. For example, on eBay, I found a master switch with the part number 86 38 452, and the bottom number is 03

4585 45.

Another had the same numbers.

Are there certain numbers that are relevant and others that pertain to things like color, etc.?

TIA. Dave

Reply to
tom_sawyer70

skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

According to VADIS both numbers are correct, and there is no reference to colour - all switches apparently have the same colour independent of other interior colours.

Reply to
Brian Sørup