Capel classic car and bike show

If you live in Surrey/Sussex, the Capel Classic Car and Bike Show is this Saturday, 18th August. Take a look at

- all proceeds go to the church restoration fund....

As far as I can make out, it started in the vicar's back garden nine years ago and has expanded to a ridiculous degree. Now has major sponsorship and a remarkable variety of entries and displays - will never be the Goodwood Revival, but maybe that's no bad thing. Capel is the sort of village where if you check your map en route you've probably just driven through it.

I don't normally "do" car shows - in fact, this is the first time, but since moving here about a year ago I'm getting quite keen on this village stuff so the E is entered. Support your local village!

If anybody's going and would like to say hello, email me and I'll give you my contact details.

Oh, if there are any cricket fans out there, on the Sunday the Bunburys are playing the Old England XI also at Capel. It's some list of players....!

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie