Car auctions, good or bad?

I am considering selling a classic car (E-Type) on an Auction in UK. Anybody have good or bad experience with auctions? Am planning to use Barons. Thanks for any input

Reply to
Jack

Coys have a backlist of what vehicles went for in previous auctions

perhaps the other auction houses have too. My view is that at the moment auctioned cars (except for really rare specialities) are getting low prices even before taking out commision. But then I had my car advertised for a few months at what was, going by books, reasonable price without a single call; perhaps the auction values may be closer to true market values at the moment that those that private ads are asking. I'm going to buy my E-Type from auction when I've saved up enough!

If you do auction, make sure you leave them with the vehicle in the best condition - don't leave it to their hired-help to bring it to the best presentable state, a) they won't spend time doing a detailed job and b) they probably won't wash it before polishing it.

Reply to
Jonathan Halsall